How To Learn Java In 10 Easy Steps
One must be wondering what the best way to learn java programming is. There are steps, which are lined to help you to code java. One must be all aware that the first step towards learning something new is to know how to begin the work. It can surely be a difficult and time-consuming task but the most important deciding factor is to continue the pursuit.
Java is one of the best programming languages. It is actually an application layer programming language and is not very difficult to learn. It does require any prior programming experience to properly learn java coding. Well if you are aware of the programming language, then learning Java can be easy.
Step 1: Decide your Mind – Ignore Critics
Not each and everybody is fond of programming language hence they will surely deter you from learning the language. The world of programming is loaded with different competing languages and so it is certainly not possible to choose the best one. A language which works perfectly for you may not serve the same purpose for someone else.
So instead of paying attention to the critics, focus on the language you are learning.
Step 2: Install Eclipse IDE and Java
It is very much possible to learn Java by installing Java SDK but the learning curve is real slow in this case. When Java SDK is effectively combined with an IDE, it provides an integrated development environment taking care of all the needs helping you to learn quickly and effectively. Eclipse is the best can be downloaded free.
Step 3: Learn Java Fundamentals
The most logical way in which one can start learning Java is to start with the fundamental concept. In order to learn the basics of the programming language, you can certainly make use of free tutorial or download them good e-book.
Some of the key concepts one must learn are:
- Concepts of object-oriented programming concepts, which includes encapsulation, inheritance, abstraction and polymorphism.
- Why is Java independent of a platform? How can it be easily run on various operating systems like Unix, Windows or Mac?
- How do Java Virtual Machine works?
- Knowing about Java Collection framework
- Good understanding of various data types with few java language classes like System, String-Math and much more.
- Try competition of coding to evaluate programming skills.
Step 4: Read Some Good Books from Experts
Online e-books along with tutorials will help you to learn Java in an effective manner seeing at the language point of view right from an expert professional. Start Reading books written by Java professionals and programmers giving a proper insight in the process of coding.
Step 5: Start Creating Simple Application With The Use Of Your Knowledge
Getting to know only the theoretical concepts of Java will surely not make you a programming expert. Right for this, you will be required to put theory into practice. Get to use knowledge acquired by you and start to create a simple application. You can go for simple coding to keep your motivation levels high.
Try some logic exercises like:
- Deciding a factorial of a number
- Creating a Fibonacci series
- Finding all prime numbers between 1 to 1000
- Print number in word
Try file input/output:
- Read a file and display its content right on the console
- List all the files in the directory
- Creating a file with proper content
- Read input right from user on console
Step 6: Take The Higher Level As Simple Is Not Enough
Once you are done with basic Java coding exercises and has attained the comfort level in using the language, you can take the next level and create programs and application requiring complex and advanced levels of programming.
- Building a number pyramid on any size based on the input size
- Creating a small text based 2 player game
Step 7: Learn Servlets and JSP
A web application is a dynamic extension of the application server or the web. The introduction of Java EE 6 has resulted in an improvement over various previous versions with terms of adding good standard APIs like Servlets and JSP.
Learning the additional APIs will help you with new things and integrate Java programming with additional frameworks and tools.
- Build an application to capture user details in the form and save the detail in MySQL with the database using JDBC.
- Building a Tic Tac Toe game which two players can play.
- Adding authentication to the game allowing users with username/password.
Step 8: Learning JSF
JSF or JavaServer Faces is a web framework helping in the simplification of user interfaces with Java web applications. It can be done with reusable components within a page. There are many popular functions like accessing and manipulating components with tag libraries and automatic saving of data with re-population getting displayed on the client’s side.
- Building a simple shopping cart application
- Building simple web based chatting application
Step 9: Build An Awesome Web Application
These may be of two different types namely service oriented or presentation oriented. Depending on what one want, one can create an awesome web application with use of web components which is learned so far.
Step 10: Continue Learning Or Keeping Up With The Latest Trends
If you are a programmer, you cannot get away with learning as you do need to learn the professional skills in the world of programming. For a java programmer, it is very important to know the latest trends competing over others. Blogs from expert programmer can surely be learned for fun making you stand out as an effective programmer.
- Android courses
- App Development
- Artificial Intelligence Course
- Cloud Computing Course
- Content Writing
- Crash Course
- Digital Marketing
- Embedded System and Robotics Course
- Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security Course
- How To
- Internet of Things (IoT) Course
- iOS App Development
- iPhone courses
- IT Certification Course
- Machine Learning with Python Course
- Mean stack
- Mern stack
- NET Development
- Networking with Cisco Tools Course
- PHP Variable
- Professional IT course
- Python Course
- React Native
- SAP Development
- Social Media
- Software Testing
- Successful Career
- Tech Industry
- Tech News & Tips
- UI/UX Design Course
- Web Design